Ship Handling: Azimuthing Thrusters
The Ship Handling: Azimuthing Thrusters course is ideal for those who have on-board ship handling duties (ship’s officers and pilots) who have little or no experience of handling vessels with azimuth controlled devices (ACD).
On this course the following topics are covered:
- The design and principles of ACD
- Advantages and limitations of ACD
- Manoeuvring a vessel fitted with twin ACDs in both open and restricted waters safely
- Manoeuvring a vessel with ACDs fitted as main propulsion in conjunction with bow thrusters
- How to execute emergency manoeuvers, for example crash stops
- How to berth and unberth a vessel fitted with ACD’s
- Failures and how to respond to these.
There are no entry requirements for the Ship Handling: Azimuthing Thrusters course, however candidates should have previously received training and gained experience in basic ship handling.
There is no assessment required for this course, unless requested by a client.
Training is completed on our range of full bridge simulators, allowing for delegates to train in a realistic environment.