NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health Course Overview
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health is a qualification to enhance knowledge of health and safety at work. This course is ideal for managers and supervisors who have the responsibilities for health and safety and those who are safety representatives.
Looking for a different ECOSH course? No problem click on our East Coast Occupational Safety and Health (ECOSH) Courses link and select from our wide range of excellent training courses.
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health Course Content
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- Ensure that the requirements of health and safety legislation are applied in the workplace.
- Use knowledge of the human and organisation problems that mitigate against a safe and healthy work environment.
- Carry out safety inspections, identifying the common hazards and unsafe practices likely to be found in a workplace, and recommending remedial action.
- Investigate events which led, or might have led, to an injury; to make logical and cost effective proposals to prevent a repetition and maintain records of such incidents.
- Conduct training for new and inexperienced workers.
- Communicate effectively with employees and management.
- Liaise effectively with official bodies and enforcement agencies.