The K-Pos Familiarisation course updates delegates on the principles and operations of dynamic positioning, this includes the current industry requirements and guidelines.
This course is a mix of both theory and practical training on our Kongsberg K-Sim Class C DP simulators. On this course the following topics are covered:
- K-Pos system arrangement
- System switch-on and start-up
- The human machine interface, main functions and views
- Alarms and message system
- Sensor handling and sensor views
- The DP system’s positioning capability
- DP consequence analysis
- Position reference systems ‐ GNSS and HIPAP
- The DP system’s utilisation of position measurements and tests on position reference systems
- The operator manuals.
This course is intended for electrical/electronic engineers and maintenance personnel who are involved with the dynamic positioning control system. Delegates must have previously completed a Dynamic Positioning Maintenance course, refresher training is advised to take place every two years.
There is no assessment required for this course, unless requested by a client.
This course will familiarise qualified/trainee Dynamic Positioning Operator’s with the latest Kongsberg K-Pos DP system.