Kongsberg K-Sim Navigation Simulator
Our advanced Kongsberg K-Sim Navigation simulator is configured with ECDIS radar and is designed to help support the technical training of mariners in the operation of the latest sea route planning and monitoring equipment.
Suitable for both standalone training and wider crew training operations, it provides the ability to deliver realistic training in a safe, controlled environment. Simulating a wide range of common real-world scenarios and traffic levels, it’s capable of displaying a wide range of navigation-related information.
The desktop simulator’s sophisticated positioning features help students broaden their knowledge about ships’ movement in different conditions, plotting routes and how to keep their vessel on track.
- Radar video overlay from K-Bridge ARPA radar
- Autopilot control with simplified "curved EBL"
- "Active lights" display for simplified visual position confirmation
- Docking function provides prediction of ship movement
- Full route planning and validation functions
- Continuous monitoring of own ship in relation to route plan and waters
- Displays up to 100 Automatic Radar Plotting Aid (ARPA) tracked targets
- Displays targets and information from AIS - Automatic Identification System
- EBL / VRM gives the correct range and bearing from own ship
- Remote control of K-Bridge autopilot providing track-keeping functions
- Echo sounder monitoring and recording of chart depth information
- Voyage recording and replay
- Navtex interface
- IMO defined functions
- Type approved