Kongsberg K-Sim Engine and Control Room Simulator
Designed to deliver crew competency, our Kongsberg K-Sim engine and control room simulator is a highly realistic and effective full mission training tool that has been developed with actual ship specifications and performance data in mind.
From the finer details of a single sub and auxiliary systems, to the overall management of a loading discharge operation, this customised simulator enables engineers to learn and practise daily procedures, reduce fuel consumption, optimise economy and gain vital skills crucial for handling emergencies.
At the touch of a button, real-life engine model process diagrams can be viewed on large HD monitors, with 3D pop-up display to hone in on vital parts of the engine room. Additionally, we have invested in a 3-D virtual walk through system, whereby students can stand in front of the screens and, using a computer games-style controller, move through the ship’s engine room, operating equipment such as valves and pumps. The flexibility on the simulator architecture makes adapting and developing the system a simple task, increasing training possibilities to meet a host of requirements.
- K-Sim full mission engine simulator comprising: engine room, control room, instructor room, emergency generator, simulated HV switchboard and interface, with a real HV breaker and desktop system
- High fidelity dynamic real-time process simulators, based on real engine physics and specifications
- Extensive library of engines
- Dynamic engine room sounds, noises and alarms
- Simulated CCTV
- Inspection and control of cooling water, lo & fo supply/storage systems, bilge water, compressed air, steering gear and shaft seals
- Alarm handling
- Engine control and power management