Kongsberg K-Sim Class C Dynamic Positioning (DP) Simulator
Our Kongsberg K-Sim Class C dynamic positioning (DP) simulators provide students with a hands-on introduction to DP operations, across a whole host of DP vessels.
With the flexibility to fit a wide range of training objectives, including DPO certification, it’s designed to support operations, test procedures, increase competence and minimise errors. Providing realistic training for close proximity ship handling and loading in offshore areas, as well as emergency manoeuvring, it helps students to develop the knowledge and skills needed to maintain a safe and secure position when at sea.
The six desktop systems are connected to an instructor station, with dedicated functions to control the various vessel settings, introduce issues to solve and provide guidance at each stage.
- K-Pos user interface with the same information and settings that can be found on-board a K-Pos equipped vessel
- Automatic station-keeping including position change, heading change, autopilot and auto track
- Manual joystick operation
- Simulated vessel behaviour
- Simulated position-reference systems and sensors
- Simulated thruster performance
- Adjustment of simulated wind and current