K-Pos Familiarisation course
The K-Pos familiarisation course is an unaccredited course, designed to update participants on the principles of Dynamic Positioning, DP operations, DP watch keeping "best practice" and DP emergencies taking into account recent developments and current industry requirements and guidelines.
The K-Pos familiarisation course is run on request, please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
This course involves both theory and practical training on Modal Training's KONGSBERG K-Sim Class C DP simulators. Our practical training allows you to build your own programme to fit individual needs. You will learn the following:
- K‐Pos system arrangement and DP Class Requirements
- System Switch‐on and Start‐up
- The Human Machine Interface, main functions and views
- Alarms and message system
- Sensor handling and sensor views
- The DP system’s positioning capability
- DP consequence analysis
- Position reference systems ‐ GNSS and HIPAP
- The DP system’s utilisation of position measurements and tests on position reference systems
- The operator manuals
This course will familiarize qualified/trainee DP Operators with the latest Kongsberg K-Pos DP system.
Skilled Dynamic Positioning operators of DP systems and DP operations.
Area of Skill
Dynamic Positioning Courses
Classroom and desktop simulator
Qualified/trainee DP Operators
There is no assessment for this course, unless specifically requested by a client.