Dynamic Positioning (DP) Refresher Course
The DP Refresher course is for qualified and trained DP Operators who wish to refresh their skills in responding to a wide variety of DP failures.
This course involves practical training on Modal Training's KONGSBERG K-Sim Class A DP simulator. Our simulators can be used individually or linked to provide comprehensive training.
- K - Pos system arrangement and DP Class Requirements
- System Switch - on and Start - up
- The Human Machine Interface, main functions and views
- Alarms and message system
- Sensor handling and sensor views
- The DP system’s positioning capability
- DP consequence analysis
- Capability and Motion Prediction Analysis
- Position reference system handling
- Failure modes
- DP Incidents
The course will give the DP operators an opportunity to learn to recognise failures in any DP sub system where the outcomes can create a position loss.
Experienced Dynamic Positioning operators
Area of Skill
Dynamic Positioning Courses
Mainly practical using a Class A DP simulator
There is no assessment required for this course, unless requested by a client